It is unlikely the first thought that comes to mind when we get a glass dildo will be: “I should probably heat /cool this before using it, right?” Because, when be talk about sex toys, most people do not think about experimenting with different temperatures and I don’t blame them. Nobody thinks about it unless somebody else (in this case, I will be your guide wink*) introduces them to this world. You should know they could be heated or cooled, depending on what you want; so let’s have a look at each of them, shall we?
Warm: If you touch to heat your glass dildo, be prepared to be more sensitive when you use it. Warm glass toys make your sensitive areas, and your whole body, swell with blood much faster; this translates to increased and fast sensitivity. Imagine sliding a warm dildo in your vagina or over your clitoris, the whole labia will swell almost immediately and all your natural lubrication and other juices will flow quicker. And if you use it on your G-spot the results are mind blowing, making you orgasm a lot faster.
If you want to experiment with it, here’s how to do it:
- First, these toys can stand heat, but don’t ever try to heat a glass o metal dildo in a microwave or in boiling water. It will take them some time for them to be at a temperature that’s bearable for your body, so the water doesn’t need to be boiling for it to be warm. With the method I’ll describe below, the glass dildo will hold in the heat longer, allowing you to play with it longer.
- Ok, so now you know that, you can begin by taking a bowl large enough to completely submerge your toy. Fill the bowl with some warm water, the key here is to put your hand in it, if you can’t put it in, then it’s too hot (think about getting a pedicure wink*)
- You can then proceed to leave the toy in this water for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, boil about half the water that is on the bowl on another pot. After those 10 initial minutes have gone by, pour away about half of the water that is on the bowl with the dildo and replace it with this newly boiled water.
- Leave the dildo there for about 20 minutes and take it out. Prove that the temperature is right by placing it in your forearm or the inside of your wrist (trust me, you don’t want something that is too hot on those very sensitive and important parts!)
Cold: On the other hand, cold glass toys will constrict the blood vessels quickly and will help bring down those sensitive nerves. A clitoris will react well if you place a cold dildo on it, especially after an orgasm; it will help to “cool down” that area to begin stimulation again (cause we all know just how sensitive that are can become, right? Wink*)
- Ok, so just as you are not to microwave your dildo or put it in boiling water, you are not going to freeze the toy either. Have you ever stuck your tongue in a frozen spoon or an ice cube? Yeah, that’s why you don’t freeze those toys. You can keep your glass dildo on the fridge, but as I want what’s best for you, I recommend using the method I’ll describe below to make the most of it.
- Use the same bowl and method you’d use above as if heating it up, but this time fill it with cold water. Leave the dildo there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that time has passed, put some ice cubes in the water and leave them there for 20 minutes.
- Take it out and, once again, make sure to taste it on your forearm first or wrist before. If you find it nice, go ahead and start playing, wink*
Using different temperatures will only heighten the experience, bringing you more pleasure. So don’t be afraid of experimenting and alternating temperatures. Just make sure to change the toy’s temperature slowly, because those abrupt changes in temperature can damage your toy.